Protect your brand and your business with an on-line brand protection strategy
On-line brand protection combats the loss of revenue, reputation and customer trust that occurs when someone else exploits your brand for their own gain.
The web’s tremendous reach and economies of scale have revolutionised the way brands engage customers and drive revenue. But the very qualities that make the web so attractive to legitimate business make it extremely lucrative for brand abusers to hijack powerful brands on-line.
In this anonymous, global medium, threats to your brand can come from anyone, anywhere. A counterfeiter can set up an eCommerce site, download some product images and compete with you for customers. A misguided affiliate can purchase your branded search terms and compete with you for traffic. A pirate can upload a digital version of a film–or any other type of digital content–and steal your revenue. In the digital world, any enterprise with a recognised brand is a potential target for a sophisticated and evolving array of attacks.
Brands Lost Over $200 Billion to On-line Brand Abuse Last Year
The financial impact of on-line brand abuse is substantial and pervasive, resulting in revenue loss, increased customer service costs and exposure to legal liability. Other impacts of on-line brand abuse are more insidious, leading to significant erosion of margins, brand reputation and customer trust. For example, brand saboteurs hijack search engine marketing, infiltrate social media and impersonate trusted brands to steal web traffic and pedal fake and pirated goods. Brand abuse in the digital world occurs across channels and leverages best practices to cause tangible harm.
As brand threats evolve, so must brand protection strategies. Companies invest time, money and resources to build value both on-line and off-line. Smart brands are recognising that in the digital world, safeguarding this investment demands a proactive strategic approach and an experienced partner to deliver cost-effective solutions with immediate impact. For over half of the Fortune 100, that partner is MarkMonitor®.
The Industry’s Most Robust Solution for Protecting Brand Equity, Revenue and Reputation On-line
MarkMonitor Brand Protection™ preserves key elements of your brand’s value—customer trust, loyalty and the reputation on which they depend—by assisting in the elimination of confusing and potentially fraudulent use of your brand online. Leveraging the industry’s widest access to online data sources and continuously monitoring more Internet channels than any other solution, it safeguards brand equity, web traffic, marketing investments, revenue and reputation from pay per click scams, unauthorized channels, counterfeit and grey market sales, cybersquatting and other online threats.
Brand Protection Highlights
• Detects the widest range of abuses more quickly and comprehensively by monitoring more online data sources— auctions, B2B exchanges, eCommerce sites, search engines, social media, email and more—with greater frequency
• Protects revenues and profits by shutting—and keeping—down sites selling grey market or counterfeit goods and reducing false warranty and customer service claims
• Aids in maintaining healthy channels and margins by automatically detecting when minimum advertised price (MAP) agreements and policies may have been violated by on-line retailers.
• Safeguards the value of your marketing investments—while optimizing return on ad spend and other outlays—by preventing pay per click scams, Black Hat SEO and cybersquatting from diverting web traffic to unaffiliated or illicit sites.
• Enables greater brand protection impact with less effort by identifying high-priority brand abuse and automating enforcement measures.
• Builds confidence in your brand by warning customers away from infringing sites through the industry-first MarkMonitor Trusted Brand Broadcast System™