OUR MISSION IS TO:
Give light to those who need it, lighting their homes every night, and making it easier for children to do their school work in relevant comfort and without endangering their eyesight – or themselves.
SEVEN KEY FACTORS!
Nightlight – Solar Candle: Candle Power without the flame
- Is solar chargeable, even in poor weather conditions.
- Offers light equivalent to that of five candles for up to seven hours.
- Nightlight uses Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) which have a 12 000 – 15 000 hour life span.
- Battery lasts up to four (4) years.
- Offers a safe alternative to conventional lighting in rural areas and informal settlements.
- Is economically viable.
- Is environmentally friendly (no air pollution).
- More often than not, we hear or read news reports of shack fires which, unfortunately, sometimes result in fatalities, serious injury and, sadly, a large number of homeless families. In many instances, these fires were accidentally started by residents using open candles, or similar means, for their lighting requirements.
- Extensive take-up of Nightlight will minimise these occurrences!
- School children without proper lighting are affected negatively. Children doing homework by candle light run the risk of damaging their vision in the long-term. The lack of lighting and circumstances also affects their overall productivity.
- Nightlight ensures sufficient light for productive learning in a safe manner.
- The annual comparable candle usage = 1 825 candles per year.
- Nightlight’s lithium-ion battery should last for four years with medium or moderate use and three years with heavy use, and solar charging is free.
- Nightlight will bring much needed lighting relief to millions of South Africans, regardless of their habitat and standard of living.
- The Nightlight Solar Candle was designed and developed in South Africa, so as to ensure reliability in harsh African conditions.